Over the last two decades, the American Horticultural Society (AHS) has been recognizing outstanding gardening books published in North America with its annual book awards. Books are judged by the AHS Book Award Committee on qualities such as writing style, authority, originality, accuracy, and design quality. This year’s five gardening book winners, published in 2015, are:
• The Art of Gardening by the Chanticleer Gardeners and R. William Thomas
• How Plants Work by Linda Chalker-Scott
• Planting in a Post-Wild World by Thomas Rainer and Claudia West
• The Seed Garden edited by Lee Buttala and Shanyn Siegel, with contributors Micaela Colley and Jared Zystro of Seed Savers Exchange.
• Seeing Seeds by Robert Llewellyn and Teri Dunn Chace. Check out our photo essay for a sample of the beautiful seed photography featured in this award-winning volume.