Even easier yet, this dish involves a container of bocconcini (fresh mini mozzarella balls), a loaf of crusty bread, and some toothpicks, and you’ve just assembled a light supper for an early meal on the patio. A platter of these makes a great party hors d’oeuvre.
• 1 pint of heirloom cherry tomatoes
• 1 container of bocconcini cheese, drained and patted dry
• Fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
• Olive oil (optional)
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Slice each tomato in half.
2. On a toothpick, skewer 1/2 tomato piece, a leaf of basil, and a ball of bocconcini.
3. Arrange on a serving platter. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, pour a little olive oil over the arrangement.