Rich in minerals and made with apple cider vinegar, this infusion is a fabulous condiment to sneak into soups, salad dressings, and smoothies for a bright and healthy kick. Be sure to finely chop any fresh ingredients, and to lightly crush the dry ones before adding them to the mixture.
- 3/4 cup fresh dandelion leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh dandelion root, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oatstraw, or 2 tablespoons dried
- 3 tablespoons fresh chamomile, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh peppermint, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/4 cup fresh burdock, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup whole raisins
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar
- Place all ingredients except vinegar in a large, clean glass jar.
- Heat the vinegar in a noncorrosive pan until almost boiling, then pour into the jar and stir mixture with a wooden spoon. Cover with a tight lid.
- Store the jar in a cool, dark place for 3 or more weeks, shaking occasionally to mix ingredients. When the infusion has reached the flavor intensity you desire, strain it through several layers of cheesecloth to remove any large bits of plant material. Strain the mixture again through coffee filters to achieve a crystal clear vinegar.
- Pour finished vinegar into clean glass bottles and cork. Label, and use within 6 months.