Courtesy of Row 7 Seed Company
The powerful flavor and lingering sweetness of the Habanada pepper is just the thing you need to create a one-of-a-kind puree.
Yield: 1/2 cup.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound Habanada peppers, halved, deseeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the peppers and sauté gently, without any color, for 12 to 15 minutes, until they’re very soft. Season with salt.
- Place peppers in a blender. Add water, and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill.
Learn more about Row 7 Seed and its newly cultivated crops:
- Cuisine to Cultivar: Row 7 Seed Company Profile
- Smashed Upstate Abundance Potatoes with Chili Oil Recipe
Recipes printed with the permission of Dan Barber and Row 7 Seed Company. Also available on the Row 7 Seed website.