This healthy sautéed collards recipe is great for time-strapped cooks.
• 1-1/4 pound collard greens, stems and center ribs removed and leaves halved lengthwise
• 3 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Stack half the collard leaves and roll into a cigar shape.
2. Cut crosswise into very thin strips (1/16 inch wide). Repeat with remainder of leaves.
3. Mix garlic with salt. Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, and then add garlic and salt mixture and stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add collards and pepper, tossing until just tender and bright green, 3 to 4 minutes.Read more about heirloom collard varieties in Saving Heirloom Collards.