One of many recipes for the famous Four Thieves Vinegar, this infusion calls for classic, aromatic herbs that are also antivirals, anti-inflammatories, and immune-boosters.
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 2 tablespoons dried wormwood
- 2 tablespoons dried peppermint
- 1 quart raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- In a clean, quart-size glass jar, combine the first 5 herbs and apple cider vinegar. Cover and steep in a cool, dark place for about 2 weeks, shaking daily.
- Strain out herbs and return vinegar to jar. Add garlic and cover. Let steep for a few days more and strain again. Store in the fridge for up to 6 months.
Note: Wormwood is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, and could be problematic for those with kidney disorders, seizure disorders, porphyria, or ragweed allergies.
To learn more about infusing vinegar, read:
Excerpted from Herbal Goddess by © Amy Jirsa. Used with permission from Storey Publishing.