Combining the simple flavors of ‘Delicata’ squash, radicchio, and ricotta cheese, your crostinis will be a wonderful late-summer dish for any occasion.
• Sourdough bread
• Ricotta cheese
• 1 head radicchio
• 1 large or 2 small ‘Delicata’ squash
• Olive oil
• Red wine vinegar
• Fresh thyme
1. Choose a nice sourdough bread. If unsliced cut into medium-thick slices. When ready to serve the dish, prepare crostini by toasting in the oven with drizzled olive oil.
2. Season 1 cup ricotta by adding 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt.
3. Break apart the radicchio leaves. Season radicchio with Evolution Himalayan salt (or any other high-quality natural salt) and pepper and wilt on the grill. If you have no accessible grill, then wilt in a hot cast iron skillet.
4. Cut the ‘Delicata’ squash into half moons about 1/2-inch thick, season with Evolution salt and pepper and bake in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until tender. Be careful not to overcook. Set out to cool. When cooled to room temperature, toss them in a bowl with a mixture of equal parts honey and red wine vinegar, sufficient to cover.
5. Spread ricotta on the toasted bread, scatter radicchio and squash. Finish with a little honey, olive oil and fresh thyme. Serve warm.