This recipe, paired with made-from-scratch biscuits, is one of my dad's all-time favorites. We often wondered where the biscuit disappeared to after he topped it off with a heaping spoonful of grape jelly.
• 4-1/4 cups concord grape juice
• 7 cups organic sugar
• 1 3-ounce pouch liquid pectin
1. Stir together the grape juice and sugar in a large saucepan. Bring the juice to a boil and then slowly add the liquid pectin. Now, bring the juice to a rolling boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
2. Remove saucepan from the heat and skim any foam from the top of the juice.
3. Pour into sterilized, hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace, and adjust the lids. Process for 10 minutes in a water-bath canner. Once processed let the jars rest in the canner for 5 minutes and then remove. Then, allow the jars to rest for 12 hours before labeling.