• 1 large sheet of frozen puff pastry
• 1/3 cup goat cheese, softened at room temperature
• 3 to 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced and patted dry
• 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped basil
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• Sea salt and pepper
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Remove pastry from the freezer and let thaw for 30 minutes. Once thawed, unfold the pastry and smooth any creases with a bit of water on your fingertips. Place the pastry on a small baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Spread the goat cheese on the pastry, leaving a 2-inch border around the edges. Pile on the tomatoes and onion slices. Fold up the edges of the pastry to meet the filling, forming a sort of boat.
4. Sprinkle with the basil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover everything with about 3 tablespoons olive oil.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into quarters to serve.