• 3-4 heirloom slicing tomatoes (different varieties and colors)
• Half a red onion, minced
• Handful of fresh basil, minced
• Red wine vinegar
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Slice the tomatoes and arrange in rows around a platter, slightly overlapping each other.
2. Evenly sprinkle on the onions and basil over the tomatoes.
3. Splash some red wine vinegar over the salad, followed by a steady, but slow pour of olive oil over the top. Finish with a good amount of sea salt and freshly ground pepper — don’t be shy!