• 8 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon, plus garnish
• 4 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
• 3/4 cup half and half
• 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup honey
1. In a large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the onion and tarragon and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add the flour and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
4. Add the heavy cream and the half and half; bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the fresh parsley and honey.
5. Pour the cream mixture into the larger pot with the tomatoes. Puree with a stick blender (or regular blender), and heat for another 5 minutes.