Squash Pancaks with Harvest Chutney Recipe
• 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 cup fresh apricots, apples or pears, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup raisins
• 1/2 cup Swiss chard stems
• 1 cup squash, chopped, any variety
• 3 cups sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
• 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 egg
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup whole milk
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1-1/4 tablespoon baking powder
• 2 cups shredded squash
1. In a sauce pan bring the above ingredients to a boil then simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Cool, strain and serve.
It’s the Browns' favorite topping for their squash pancakes, also great on eggs or with rice.
1. Mix above ingredients to combine.
2. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop half-full on to a warm griddle.
3. Flip and brown the other side until done.
4. Serve each with a dollop of sour cream and top with one teaspoon of harvest chutney per pancake.
Optional: Drizzle with your favorite salad dressing or olive oil, garnish with zucchini flower, shredded lettuce, shredded green onions, cilantro, or shredded carrots.