This seasoning brightens up a plain bowl of rice, invigorates soup, and peps up pasta or vegetables.
• 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
• 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon sea salt, to taste
• 3 tablespoons dulse flakes
• 2 tablespoons powdered shiso
• 1/2 teaspoon raw sugar, optional
1. Add all ingredients to a blender or coffee mill.
2. Pulse for ten seconds, or until sesame seeds are slightly pulverized.
3. Store in an airtight container and use within a few months. To serve, sprinkle shiso seasoning on dishes of your choice.
Try cooking with shiso using these additional recipes: