• About 1/4 cup coarsely chopped lemon balm leaves
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 cup butter or margarine
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, place 1 cup of the sugar and the lemon balm leaves. Pulse until the lemon balm leaves are well chopped.
3. Add the remaining sugar and the butter and process until fluffy, then add remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges just begin to brown.
5. Loosen from cookie sheet while still warm; allow to cool. These cookies freeze well.
Learn more about Lemon Balm.