• 1 cup Braggadocio Brown Basmati Rice
• 2 cups chicken broth or water
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 bell pepper
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 - 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 - 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 2 - 3 Roma tomatoes, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
• chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
• 1 lime, cut in wedges for garnish
1. Place the rice in a pot. Add the chicken broth or water and salt; cover with a lid. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and saute for 2 - 3 minutes. Then add in the bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Continue to saute for 2 more minutes. Carefully add the rinsed and drained black beans. Fold the bean mixture into the cooked rice; sprinkle with cilantro and squeeze a couple of the limes over the top of the rice.
3. You can do this ahead, and when ready to serve, pop in a 300 degree F oven for 30 minutes.