This delicious salsa is a beautiful bright green. It combines the creamy smoothness of the avocado with the tangy lightness of the tomatillo.
• 1 pound tomatillos, husked, washed and halved
• 2 small jalapeño chilies, seeded and halved
• 1/2 small red onion
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
• 1 large ripe avocado
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place tomatillos, jalapeños, onion, garlic and cilantro in the bowl of a food processor. Process until everything is finely chopped. The mixture will be a liquid.
2. Mash the avocado in a separate bowl. Leave some chunks. Add the tomatillo mixture, olive oil, and lime juice to the avocado. Season with salt.
3. Serve with corn chips, or tortillas. The salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
Learn more about tomatillos in the article Tons of Tomatillos.